- The guide The quotations of Magritte in the collection “A Museum in your pocket” was edited and printed thanks to the Friends
- In 2015, the Friends have offered to the Royal Museums a sculpture “The Bodybuilder” by artist David Altmejd, sculptor, born in Montreal (Quebec) in 1974 who lives and works in New York and London. (To be seen in the Forum)
- Thanks to a sponsor, patron of our association, 1500 schoolboys and girls enjoyed a guided tour of the exhibition “2050-a brief history of the future”, a great success!
- The Old Masters guide in the collection “A Museum in your pocket” was edited and printed thanks to the Friends
- Close to 100 volunteers managed by the association have provided more than 20,000 hours of work in the different departments at the museum! We thank them with all our hearts!
- The Gao Xingjian room was fully furnished (benches & mat) thanks to the Friends.
The Friends support the museums
The Friends support the Museums by managing the nearly 100 volunteers who assist the museums in a wide range of activities:
- welcoming the visitors in the lobby;
- serving in the museums shops;
- managing the archives;
- supporting the Educateam activities;
- operating the library;
- helping in the Digital museum;
- translating into Dutch and English;
- managing the Friends’ back office.
The Boël Fund finances the project Free Guides: free guided tours for all, in dialogue with today’s world.
In 2014 and 2013, the Friends acquired for the Museum the work by Marcel Broodthaers “Magritte”, and funded the publishing and printing of the guidebook Museum in a nutshell – Fin-de-Siècle. They also funded the lighting of Jan Fabre’s work in the royal staircase.
All these projects, dear Friends, can only be achieved thanks to you!